Unionville Home Society’s top priority is the health and safety of all who work, live and visit on our campus of care.
OUTBREAK UPDATES – March 22, 2023
Union Villa has been declared in a CONFIRMED RESPIRATORY OUTBREAK for Union Mills effective immediately.
Currently we have no COVID-19 cases in house, test results are pending for all suspected cases.
Any Essential Caregivers, visiting Union Mills must wear eye protection (goggles or face shields) in addition to universal masking. Masks should not be removed on this unit even when family is alone in the residents room during the confirmed outbreak. Signage is posted with guidance on the following directive at the screening desk and when entering the unit.
In addition to these recommendations, all Essential Caregivers who choose to visit during an outbreak and are going to be providing direct care to an ill resident should be asked to wear the appropriate PPE and follow donning and doffing signage provided at the entrance of the resident room. Droplet/contact signage will be posted on any resident room who is symptomatic or diagnosed positive.
Currently, General Visitors are not allowed at this time.
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support to keep our residents and staff healthy and safe.
Screening Process and Screening Hours
Under the current Ministry guidelines, only essential caregivers and visitors need to be actively screened by our screeners. We will continue to have our screeners available each day between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm to greet visitors and perform our usual screening practices. There is no change to rapid testing as it is still required for all essential caregivers, visitors and staff, up to twice each week.
Our regular visitors are familiar with our protocols but you can help by reminding those who may be visiting your loved one. Even though most restrictions have been lifted in the community, some protocols remain for long-term care facilities. Please share these with your family members or visitors who may not receive our Administrator updates.
- Masks are still required in long-term care homes. If you are taking a resident on a social outing, masking is recommended for the resident.
- Eating and drinking with residents indoors is prohibited, except in the Rob van Velzen Family Room on the main floor. This room must be booked in advance and please remember to leave the room clean and put any refuse in the garbage.
- If you are outdoors, and not eating or drinking, mask use is still necessary. If you are attending a resident program or are near other residents outdoors, you must wear a mask.
- In the event of an outbreak, visiting may be limited so it is a good idea to call ahead if you are unsure or may be travelling from a distance.
- You may be asked to wear additional PPE or adhere to additional protocols so please be respectful and compliant with staff requests.
- Please plan for extra time to complete screening, a rapid test and review of our protocols. This is a requirement from the Ministry of Long-Term Care in all long-term care homes.
- Should you experience any respiratory or gastric symptoms of infection that are not COVID-related, please refrain from visiting until your symptoms resolve for at least 24-48 hours.
If you think you might have COVID or have been in contact with a positive case, please contact Public Health in your area and self isolate according to their directions. Do not visit Union Villa until your isolation period has finished and you are free of symptoms. If you have visited us recently (within the last 10 days), please call the Nurse Manager at (905) 477-2822 ext. 4251 as we may need to adjust our protocols.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone who lives, works and visits safe.
Adult Day Program has resumed regular in-person programming in addition to virtual programs for registered clients. For more information, please contact (905) 477-2822 ext. 4265.
Unionville Community Centre for Seniors (UCCS) has relocated their programs to two(2) satellite locations as follows:
Bethesda Lutheran Church – Morning programs
Central United Church – Afternoon programs
Virtual programs continue. All programs require membership and regardless of format require pre-registration. For more information, please email Maha Naqi at firstname.lastname@example.org.