The Unionville Home Society Adult Day Program (ADP) serves seniors in southern York Region. The ADP provides a coordinated program of services for seniors and cognitively impaired adults in a community-based group setting. Using leisure activities such as crafts, art workshops, music and games, Adult Day programs create opportunities for seniors to strengthen social, physical, and creative skills in ways that improve alertness and cognition. Nurturing these skills helps fight isolation and improve quality of life so that seniors can be independent and healthy for as long as possible.
At UHS, we know that having fun is important to vitality at any age. Our experienced and passionate staff are committed to tailoring our programs so clients feel at-home and welcome in our ADP community.
A monthly calendar for in-person programs and a separate virtual calendar will be mailed out at the beginning of each month to registered clients. Clients can be enrolled in both in-person and virtual programs at the same time, or select the program that serves them best.
The Unionville Home Society Adult Day Program operates five days a week with in-person and/or virtual programming (subject to program fees). Access to virtual programs is for registered clients only.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact myself or my team at (905) 477-2822 ext. 4265.
Kate Papillo, Adult Day Program Manager
- A range of supervised therapeutic programs.
- Participation in daily fitness class.
- Special events and presenters
- Creative artistic expression and music classes
- Choice of a hot or cold lunch with two nutritious snacks (special diets available)
- Programs that recognize and celebrate the diverse cultures in our community
- Facilitated transportation through York Region Mobility Bus
- 2 virtual (zoom) groups per day, Monday to Thursday 10:45 am and 2:15 pm & Friday 2:15 pm
- 1:1 personalized virtual (zoom) sessions, by appointment, time is geared to the convenience of the client
- Activity bin with refills (as per request) available for a nominal fee
In addition to our traditional services, clients have access to optional services offered on a fee for service basis available during pre-set times.
These services may include:
Monthly Calendar of Activities:
Please check this web page regularly for any updates.
Hours of Operation
Open from Monday to Friday
(except for statutory holidays)
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
In Person Program: $24.00 per day
(sliding scale available based on eligibility)
Virtual Program: $2.00 for group format / $5.00 for 1:1 format