South East Geriatric Outreach Team
The Southeast Geriatric Outreach Team (SEGOT) is a comprehensive team of healthcare professionals who specialize in the care of seniors living in the community. Our healthcare team works together to promote independence and vitality for seniors through assessment, consultation, collaboration, and support.
The Southeast Geriatric Outreach Team includes the following inter-professional team members:
- Social Worker
- Registered Nurse
In-home assessments are provided by healthcare professionals and/or doctors who specialize in geriatric medicine and senior-friendly care. The assessments are available to frail and house-bound seniors who are not well enough to come to a clinic.
In-home assessments allow our healthcare team to provide services to seniors who may be experiencing the following:
- Recurrent falls
- Multiple medication issues
- Poor nutrition
- Memory impairment
- Difficulty managing day-to-day living
- Social isolation
- Multiple medical problems
- Environmental challenges
A referral is needed to be eligible to receive care by the GOT. Seniors can self-refer to the program or have a family member do so on their behalf. Referrals are also accepted from physicians, healthcare professionals, and community agencies.
In order to be eligible to receive care, seniors must:
- Possess a Ontario Health card or have the ability to pay privately.
- Be 60 years of age or older.
- Live within the area served by the Southeast Geriatric Group.
- Be experiencing a severity of health problems that would benefit from in-home assessments.
For more information:
Contact the SEGOT for more information on our specialized in-home assessments:
Phone: (905) 201-3389