Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the New Unionville Home Society.
The goal of the New Unionville Home Society’s volunteer program is to provide a range of rewarding and worthwhile volunteer activities that help to improve the quality of life for residents and their families.
The volunteer intake process and program includes:
• Completing a Volunteer Application Volunteer Application Form - Updated April 2014
• A scheduled interview
• Completing a TB test (To be done through your doctor or medical clinic)
• Submission of a Vulnerable Sector Police Check YRP149 Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Formal orientation and job-specific training
• Ongoing monitoring and feedback
• Opportunities for additional education and development
To participate in the program, volunteers must:
• Be a minimum of 14 years of age
• Be prepared to make a commitment of at least 50 hours over 6 months
• Have fun!
There are numerous rewarding volunteer experiences to consider:
Volunteers make a positive impact in the lives of those that live in and visit Unionville Home Society. Volunteers develop valuable skills and knowledge, meet new people, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Volunteer Information Sessions are held every third Tuesday of each month from 4:00 - 5:00 pm. To attend please call or email customer service to register:
Telephone: (905) 477 – 2839