Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the New Unionville Home Society (NUHS).
The goal of the NUHS Volunteer Program is to provide a range of rewarding and worthwhile volunteer activities that help to improve the quality of life for the residents and seniors on our campus.
NUHS volunteers have been providing thoughtful and meaningful support to our seniors since 1968. As a volunteer, you will build a network of community members and leaders, support major events, add to your community service portfolio and join a flourishing hub for senior living in the heart of Unionville.
To participate in the program, volunteers must:
- Be a minimum of 14 years of age
- Be prepared to make a commitment of at least 50 hours over 6 months
- Have fun!
There are numerous rewarding volunteer experiences to consider:
- Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Student & High School Co-Op Opportunities
- College and University Placements
- Friendly Visiting
- Recreation Programs
- Customer Service
- Special Events…… and more!
Interested in volunteering? The volunteer intake process includes:
1. Participating in one of our upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions:
FALL 2019 DATES:
Tuesday, September 10 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 24 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 8 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 22 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 19 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please call (905) 477-2822 to register for the day that suits you best
2. Completing a Volunteer Application form and bringing it to our Volunteer Information Session.
3. Following the Volunteer Information Session and successful completion of your Volunteer Application, you will be asked to come in for an interview. Prior to the interview, you must complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Check (required only by applicants 18+) and a successful TB Test (to be done through your doctor or medical clinic).
4. After a successful TB Test, police check and interview, you will attend a Volunteer Orientation Session. You will be matched with a placement within our organization, receive job-specific training and ongoing monitoring and feedback.
Volunteers make a positive impact in the lives of our residents.
Volunteers develop valuable skills and knowledge, meet new people, and have a lot of fun along the way. We look forward to having you join our NUHS family!
For questions or concerns, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or (905) 477-2822 ex. 4236.